The Discovery of Botox
Botulinum toxin treatment for fine lines and wrinkles has been an excellent discovery to date. It was first used as a treatment for strabismus, an eye disorder, in the 1960s. It was during this time that doctors had noticed a decrease in the appearance of lines of the forehead. Therefore, clinical trials were performed to prove that the botulinum toxin has indeed lessened the lines.
Botox: The Most Well Known Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Currently, Botox is the most popular treatment for facial lines. It temporarily inhibits muscle movement of the injected areas resulting in a smoother appearance of the skin. With botox, repeat injections spaced out in 3-4 months are necessary to maintain rejuvenation.
Botox treatment is done in the office and lasts for around 10-15 minutes at most. A consultation is necessary to know which areas are of most concern.
The surgeon will inject the botox directly on the targeted areas, and there might be a very tiny pinpoint bleeding from the point of entry.
What NOT to do after a Botox treatment
The following are the essential things to keep in mind following your Botox treatment.
Avoid the following for two (2) days before and a week after the treatment:
- Laser Treatment
- Electrical Beauty Treatments
Avoid the following for a minimum of four (4) hours after the injection:
- Do not shampoo the hair or have a scalp massage
- Do not wear anything tight on the head.
- Do not lie on the treated area
- Do not have a facial treatment or any facial massage.
- Do not d any form of exercise or yoga.
- When cleaning or washing the face, do not apply pressure to the treated areas.
- Avoid leaning forward or bobbing up and down.
What to DO after a Botox treatment
- Do inform the doctor if you notice any effects (muscle weakness or vision problem) from hours to weeks following the treatment.
Here in Dubai, Botox Injection is available at London Centre for Aesthetic Surgery located in Dubai Healthcare City.
Drs. Maurizio and Roberto Viel have over 25 years of experience in the field of cosmetic surgery industry and are known for their expertise in cosmetic treatments and surgeries.
To book an appointment, or consultation in Dubai at our LCAS Dubai Healthcare City Clinic, please contact 04-375 2393, WhatsApp +971 52 915 1461 or email gulf@LCAS.com
To book an appointment at our LCAS 15 Harley Street, London practice, please call +44 207 636 4272 or email info@LCAS.com